Wednesday 19 March 2014

KIKO Mineral Bronzer Powder


KIKO Make-up Milano or simply just 'KIKO' are an Italian cosmetics company that specialize in professional, affordable make-up. Sounds good to me! I had heard loads about the brand through reading various blogs and watching some YouTubers rave about their products, but because I live in Ireland, we don't stock the brand anywhere. Boo. However, on a recent City trip to Berlin in Germany I stumbled upon a KIKO store in one of the local shopping centres. 

I was already on the hunt for a really nice bronzer but I wanted something new to try and that's when I came across their 'Bronzer Mineral Powder'. A micro fine powder with mineral ingredients and a velvety texture. Upon swatching it quickly in the store I really liked the colour and texture and so I decided to snap it up. 



The shade I picked up was number 103, somewhere in the middle of the shade range as there is 6 different shades to choose from. Perfect for all types of skintones. I really like the colour of this bronzer, it's the perfect terracotta type shade, as apposed to being a hideous orangey-brown like some other brands. The consistency of the bronzer is also seriously creamy, another thing I tend to go for in my bronzers. This makes the product so much easier to blend when contouring and the likes and doesn't give you that dreaded 'dirty face' look.

I like to apply this bronzer using my real techniques 'Contour' brush, and later blend it out using a big fluffy blush brush. You could probably use any tapered dome shape brush to apply this product, but I find my contour brush really helps to pack the colour on first before I go in and blend it all out. The result looks super natural (well as natural as any heavy contouring will look) and lasted on my face all day! I was really impressed. The bronzer itself is also a matte finish, so it doesn't leave any unwanted sparkle on the skin, perfect for using as a contour product. Another thing I really like about this bronzer is the fact that it's marketed as a 'Mineral' product. Mineral make-up is great for sensitive skintypes and there is hardly any harsh ingredients in the powder (which I will list below). They also claim that it is Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and paraben free.

I bought this bronzing powder for a mere €9.90 in the KIKO store in Berlin. A great product for the price if you ask me. You can also purchase their cosmetics online at www.kikocosmetics.eu/make-up and they ship to over 25 European countries. Overall, I am really impressed with this bronzer and KIKO as a brand, and it has definitely been given a permanent place in my make-up bag.

Ingredients
Talc, Octyldodecyl, Stearoyl Stearate, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Mica, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate

Have you tried this Bronzer Powder by KIKO?















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +