Friday 26 July 2013

Summer Edition | Best in Bright Nails



Nothing quite says Summer to me like Bright and Bold nails. The Summer months to me, means I can ditch those dark black and red shades for something with a brighter pop of colour. Bright nails can transform a simple monochrome outfit or even just cheer you up when the 'Summer' weather feels more like Winter! I have recently become obsessed with painting my nails on a daily basis and I find these 5 shades I would reach for the most. Although being very bright and bold, all these shades are very wearable and I feel they would suit any skintone. In today's post I have picked my top 5 favourite shades to wear in these warmer Summer months.


First up a gorgeous peach shade from Rimmel London in 'Reggae Splash'. This is from their new Salon Pro range. I have only recently purchased this Nail Polish but have already worn it so many times. The formula is also great, with just 2 coats making it opaque. Another colour which just screams Summer to me is 'Blue Sky' by NYC. This is also a recent purchase but I just had to include it as I feel everyone should own this colour. Think mint green or a vibrant turquoise. These nail polishes by NYC are great and so easy to apply, only needing 2 coats to become completely opaque. Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail paint in 'Lavande Esquisse' has also been a favourite of mine this Summer! The formulation of these are fab, super easy to apply and drying to a gel-like finish. They also last a very long time without chipping. Think Lavender flowers with this colour. You can find a review on this Nail Polish here. Another colour I am loving this Season is Revlons 'Sweet Tart'. A gorgeous girly pink shade that will flatter any skintone. I love the formula of all Revlon Polishes, they are super long lasting. A review on Sweet Tart can be found here. Finally my all time favourite blue toned nail colour has to be Barry M's 'Blueberry' from their Gelly collection. I would describe this shade as a light creamy sky blue. It really stands out on the nails and looks fab in the Summer months. The hi-shine formula also gives the glossiest of finishes.

What are your top 5 Summer nail picks?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +