Saturday 27 July 2013

Review | Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer



Bourjois is a make-up brand I have loved ever since I can remember. To me their products are great quality and very affordable. As I'm sure most of you have heard about the Healthy Mix Range by Bourjois. The foundation is a beauty must-have for many ladies and is definitely well loved throughout the blogosphere. Having tried the Healthy Mix foundation myself I must admit I wasn't the biggest fan. I had some problems with it sticking to dry areas on my face and I also didn't like the coverage. 

So browsing through Boots shelves one day I decided to try out the concealer from the range instead and see if that was more up my street. Claiming to be a correcting concealer that smooths away dark circles and imperfections for a more radiant look. The concealer comes in 3 different shades so I picked up no. 53 dark radiance, the darkest colour of the 3.



I really like the applicator of this concealer, much more hygienic than a doe-foot and very easy to apply. However, you need to wipe the tip clean after a few uses as it can get quite messy around the lid. 
The concealer itself is quite creamy and very easy to blend. I would say coverage is medium but it is build-able, without caking up. I didn't have any problems with creasing on my under-eye area but I don't think this concealer would work very well on more mature skin. Also, if you suffer from really oily skin then this concealer might slip and slide because of its liquid consistency.

I didn't use this much on spots and blemishes as the concealer itself is strongly scented, and since I do have rather sensitive skin I didn't want to chance irritating any blemishes I had. The smell however, isn't bad or overpowering but I did find it to have a rather chemical-like scent. Some people may or may not like it's smell.. its more a personal thing.


Above is a blended swatch on the left and a un-blended swatch on the right.

I am really impressed by this concealer as it feels really moisturising and light on the skin and once set with powder, it will last all day long. This concealer really helped to brighten my under-eye area and hide any unwanted dark circles.. I also want to mention how soft my skin felt underneath my eyes, probably due to its moisturising properties that this concealer claims to have. I chose shade 53 which is the darkest shade they do, so not great if your a dark skinned lady or someone with an olive skintone. I do find however, that this shade blends really well under my eyes with my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation (which I use in shade '3 N 1'). 

I find the application that works best for me is to apply directly from the tube to the under-eye area and gently blend in using your ring finger. I feel that using your finger rather than a brush works better as the concealer is so creamy, a brush would not blend the product out as good. Again, a personal preference. Overall, I am really impressed by the Healthy Mix concealer and will definitely be repurchasing. For €9.99 you get 10ml of product and can purchase this from Boots and Superdrug stores.

Have you tried the Healthy Mix concealer yet?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +