Monday 26 August 2013

Skincare Series Review | La Roche-Posay Effaclar Gel Cleanser



Lately I have really been getting into a good skincare routine and I think I have finally found some products that are really making a difference to my skin. As someone who never really took time out of my day to really look after my skin and give it the love and attention it needs, I'm really surprised as to how much I have been loving trying out various different products on my face. 

A little background on my skin if you don't already know. I have combination skin throughout most of the year, apart from when it gets really cold in the winter my skin can tend to become extremely dry and sensitive. However, having combination skin means my t-zone can become quite oily during the day which means I would have to blot the area and powder it down quite abit, in order to combat that extra shine.

I had heard about the Effaclar range from La Roche-Posay through the blogosphere, and how it worked wonders on people who had oily skin. I was also on the hunt for a new cleanser at the time so having done my research and read some reviews, I decided to purchase their foaming gel cleanser for oily/sensitive skin. With a pH balance of just 5.5 and it being free from soap, mineral oils and alcohol.. I was immediately sold. 



I decided to pick up the 400ml size, as it was on special offer at €17.50 and it seemed like good value at the time. You can also get it in various different sizes depending on whats in your price range! The cleanser itself is clear in colour and feels like most gel cleansers would. It also has quite a fresh, clean scent to it and doesn't feel sticky to touch. I usually pre-cleanse all my make up off using some Micellar solution or wipes, before then applying the Effaclar to a damp face. I lather up the cleanser into a foam and gently massage it all around my skin for a good 1-2 minutes. To finish, I simply rinse it all off with warm water and pat my face dry using a clean towel. 

My skin feels nice and soft after using this product, which I was pleasantly surprised to find. Usually cleansers designed for oily skin tend to leave your face feeling quite dry and tight but the Effaclar doesn't do that in the slightest. It also gives your face that fresh and clean feeling, assuring you that your skin is thoroughly cleansed. 

I have been using this foaming gel cleanser for about 3 weeks now, and it is safe to say I can already tell a difference in my skin. My complexion appears brighter and more even on the surface. I also used to suffer from redness and blotchy-ness in certain areas but they now seem to have cleared up since using this product. 
Gel cleansers are perfect if you have combination/oily skin like myself and they will deliver that deep down cleanse your skin needs. I really recommend giving the Effaclar gel cleanser a try if your someone with similar skin problems like me. The girl at the counter where I bought this also threw in 2 sample sized versions of the cleanser for me which I find extremely handy for when I'm travelling. 

Have you tried anything from the Effaclar range?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +