Friday 6 September 2013

L'Oreal True Match Foundation



A foundation I have been wanting to try for awhile now is the L'Oreal True Match. Being compared throughout the blogosphere to the likes of MAC's Studio Fix Fluid, I knew I was going to have to see what all the fuss was about for myself. I love trying out new foundations.. Since there is so many different kinds available nowadays from cream to powder to liquid, you're always guaranteed to find the perfect one for you. 

L'Oreal have created the True Match foundation with every skintone in mind. They promise you will find one to match your exact skin colour and texture, blending out naturally to give you a flawless looking complexion. There are currently 23 different shades in the range to choose from. L'Oreal have also designed a section on their website where you can match your current foundation shade (MAC, Estee Lauder, etc) to find your perfect shade in True Match. You can find this feature from their website here.


I have to say, I was pretty impressed by the overall performance of this foundation. For starters the ingredients aren't too harsh and it's not laced with unnecessary chemicals unlike some other foundations. It has an SPF of 17 which is quite good, it's oil free, contains vitamins B and E and it's also non-comedogenic which means it won't clog up your pores. Sounds good to me! 

At first I was quite suprised at how runny the formula of True Match is. I think I was expecting a much thicker cream-like foundation, none the less I still like the light-weight consistency. I apply this foundation using my Real Techniques buffing brush which seems to do the job of blending quite well. (I did also apply this foundation with just my fingers and it also blended just as well as it did using a brush). 


The shade I have in this foundation is N3 Creamy Beige. The whole range comes in 3 different tones which you can choose from. N being the Neutral undertones (a mixture of yellow & pink), C being Cool (pink) and obviously W meaning Warm undertones (yellow). There really is a shade for everyone! The foundation itself dried almost instantly after blending it out, but it is still easy to work with if you want to add more. As it has a light to medium coverage, True Match is still buildable which is great for days when you want some extra coverage. I always like to go for a medium to full coverage which you can achieve with this foundation, without it going cakey. Another thumbs up from me!

If you suffer from dark circles under your eyes or a few blemishes here and there, you may want to use a concealer alongside the foundation. I like to set my base with a powder to make sure it stays put all day. I really like the finish of True Match.. Although it's not matte and does contain some small light reflecting particles, it does give a beautiful finish to the skin. I wouldn't describe it as a dewy finish but perhaps more semi-matte. As someone who has combination skin and can get quite oily down my t-zone, I really like the look this foundation gives to my skin. 

Once I powder to set my make up in place, this foundation will stay put on my face for most of the day with a few in-between powder touch ups. I would imagine if you had normal to dry skin then this foundation would be perfect for you, although it has been known to emphasize dryness and fine lines so do steer clear if you have extra dry skin. I picked up the L'Oreal True Match in Boots for €15.99 which in my opinion, is quite reasonable considering how impressive this foundation really is.

Have you tried the L'Oreal True Match foundation?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +