Saturday 7 September 2013

Sally Hansen Super Shine Topcoat



ATTENTION: If you're a die-hard fan of the wonderful Seche Vite topcoat, then you may want to look away now. This post contains descriptions of a nice nature and may make you feel like you're betraying Seche Vite. 

So I thought I would do a post on this new topcoat I bought from Sally Hansen. The Super Shine topcoat may look like your pretty average, bog-standard topcoat but it is so much more than that!
I'm a big fan of Seche Vite myself and have found no other topcoat quite like it for my nails. There are 3 things I'll usually look out for in a nail polish or topcoat.. 1. Chip resistant - If it chips, I don't want to know about it! 2. A good brush - You always need a good brush! 3. No strong chemical smell - Unless you've a blocked nose or no nose, then I think you'll agree with me here.

So is this Super Shine topcoat chip resistant? You bet it is. I wore this topcoat over a polish on my nails for 5 days with no chipping. And when it did eventually chip, it was minimal.. to the point of barely noticeable.

Does this topcoat have a decent brush? You may or may not be able to tell from my picture above, but the brush is super long. There is nothing more annoying than getting near the end of your favourite nail polish and the brush won't reach the bottom of the bottle - this is not a problem with this topcoat. It's also a decent width, so one or two strokes should cover the whole nail in polish. 

Most nail polishes have a chemical smell.. it's just a fact of life! This one is no different in how it smells to normal nail polish but it definitely isn't as foul or strong as Seche Vite (I don't know about anyone else but the smell of Seche Vite just puts me off using it sometimes).

Overall, another great product from Sally Hansen and a great alternative to Seche Vite if you're not fond of the smell like me, or it's too pricey for your budget. I picked up this 13.3ml bottle from TK Maxx for just €5.99! My nails always look super glossy after using this topcoat, I can't paint my nails without using it. It also dries fairly fast too which is another plus if your rushing around to get ready.

Have you tried this topcoat from Sally Hansen? What were your thoughts?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +