Wednesday 18 September 2013

My Autumn/Winter Lipstick Picks



So who'd of thought it was that time of year again! Pull those winter woollies out of your wardrobe and wrap up warm because the cooler weather is well and truly on its way. I love this time of year.. Autumn in my opinion is the best time of the year for both fashion and make up. I love the warm clothes and the big fluffy hats and scarfs. I love the darker evenings (not so much the darker mornings) and getting warm in front of a real fire. 

One thing I really love about Autumn/Winter though, is the bold vampy lip colours. Now personally I wear any colour lipstick all year round and I'm not one to match my lipstick with whatever season we're in. But I just love the dark shades of lipstick that cosmetic companies bring out at this time of year.

I would already be a huge fan of the darker lip trend.. so plums, dark reds and burgundy shades of lipstick are what it's all about. Today I have put together a little post on my current favourite lip shades for the Autumn/Winter season. Here are 4 lipsticks I have picked out to give you an idea of the perfect Autumn/Winter lip. 


Kate Moss lipstick for Rimmel - 107
This shade of lipstick is the most perfect dark red I have ever found. I have searched both high end brands and drugstore and I am yet to find a red that looks this incredible on the lips. If you're after that perfect deep red colour for the winter months, then I would highly recommend getting your hands on shade 107 from the Kate Moss for Rimmel collection. 

Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick - 180 Vintage Pink 
Browsing through the Rimmel stand in Boots one day, I came across this little gem. 180 Vintage Pink is the most beautiful muted pink I have ever come across. I would almost describe the colour of this as a pinky-mauve shade. I absolutely adore this lipstick. The bright purple packaging can look a bit tacky but don't be fooled by these Moisture Renew lipsticks from Rimmel, the formula of these are super moisturising and long-wearing on the lips. I'm just surprised by how little this Vintage Pink shade has been raved about as it's the perfect shade of pink to suit every skintone. 

MAC lipstick - Angel (Frost)
Some might call this pinky-nude shade of lipstick by MAC one of their more 'classic' colours. Raved about by the likes of Kim Kardashian I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain why Angel is a beautiful lipstick. I think it's perfect for Autumn/Winter as although it can come across quite a nude lip colour, it also has some depth in it, which gives a lovely warming effect to the face. This would be more suited to everyday wear if you prefer a more bold look on a night out.

MAC lipstick - Rebel (Satin)
Possibly my favourite lipstick of all time. Rebel by MAC, again another cult classic. I would describe this as a plum-berry shade.. perfect for the Autumn/Winter! On the lips this colour leans more toward pink rather than purple, but looks absolutely gorgeous on any skintone. Rebel is a Satin finish lipstick so it has excellent staying power for those nights out! 



If you're looking to achieve a bolder lip for the Autumn/Winter, or simply want to warm up your make-up for the cooler months then these lipsticks are my top picks! All the colours I have picked are extremely versatile and will suit almost any skintone from light to dark. 

Which one is your favourite?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +