Tuesday 25 March 2014

Barry M Natural Glow Eyeshadow & Blush Palette


I recently picked up one of the new Eyeshadow & Blush palettes from Barry M. Being a brand that I never tend to buy make up products from (except their amazing nail paints), I was really intrigued by these eyeshadow and blush palettes. Since their release onto the drugstores/high-street just before Christmas, these palettes have caused quite a stir in the blogging community, receiving some mixed reviews. 

On a recent shopping binge at Boots, I came across their 'Smokin Hot' palette (which contains some dark smokey shades) and their 'Natural Glow' palette which contains some more neutral everyday shades. I decided to go for the Natural palette, simply because I knew I would get more use out of it as I only wear neutral shades on a daily basis. You could say this palette is quite similar to Urban Decays Naked palette - but with a few different shades in the Natural Glow palette, I think Barry M wanted to do something a bit different and not have people comparing the two. 




The packaging in the Natural palette is pretty standard cheap cardboard with a magnet on the lid for opening and closing - not great for throwing into your suitcase if your travelling (but what else would you expect for the price to be fair). It also contains quite a large mirror, which does come in handy for on-the-go touch ups. Inside, you also get 2 foam-end applicators to apply the eyeshadow but to be honest, I never use these and always end up throwing them out. 

The choice of colours in the Natural palette are really lovely. It contains 2 matte eyeshadow shades - a white (perfect as an under-brow highlight) and a medium brown (great for blending out the crease). The other 4 eyeshadow shades are shimmers - a light pinky nude, a gorgeous metallic grey, another medium brown with shimmer and finally, a dark brown. The palette also contains 1 blush in a baby pink shade which has a satin-kind of finish.

The eyeshadows themselves look and feel quite creamy in consistency and blend out really well. The pigmentation in these shadows aren't too bad either, with the darker colours of the palette showing up the most. I didn't experience any fallout from these eyeshadows which was great, and they lasted throughout most of the day without creasing - and that was without a primer on my lids. As for the pink blush, this shade was far too light to show up on my skin, even when it was heavily applied. I would probably just use this as a highlight on my cheek bones, rather than as a blush. Overall, a really great little palette from Barry M and because it's so small and compact, it makes great for travelling or just keeping handy in your handbag. I paid €9.49 for the 'Natural Glow' palette in Boots, but it's also on special offer at the moment of just €3.35! You can also buy them online here at Barry M's website.

Have you tried the Natural Glow palette yet? Tell me your thoughts!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +