Tuesday 16 April 2013

Review | Mini Sleek Haul


Hi guys! 
Today I have a mini haul from London based cosmetics company Sleek. 
Having heard so much about how their blushes are comparable to 'Nars' Blushes, I knew I had to rush online and buy some. I picked up two blushes from their current collection and also one of their true colour lipsticks.
Since Sleek isn't available in the shops in Ireland, I had to order them off Sleek's own website. At €5.49 each for the blush and €5.99 per Lipstick, these are a bargain.


Lets start off with the True Colour Lipstick.. I picked up shade 'Smother' from the range, which is a deep plum/violet shade. The finish of this Lippy is a 'Sheen' finish(Sleek's Lipstick come in either a Sheen or Matte finish).. As you can see from the swatch on my hand, even though it is a Sheen finish the colour is so strong and vibrant. The colour pay off is amazing and so pigmented. This Lippy looks very dark and vampy in the packaging, almost comparable to MAC's Rebel.. but once on it becomes almost a vibrant violet. On the lips itself, 'Smother' is ultra creamy and doesn't dry out your lips after a few hours wear. Lasting power of this Lipstick is good.. Maybe a touch up every 4-5 hours, but even after the lipstick has worn off it still leaves a touch of colour (almost like a stain). I really do like Sleek's True Colour Lipstick formula and there are definitely a few more shades I would like to have in my collection.

'Pomegranate' (right) and 'Flushed' (left)
'Flushed' on the left and 'Pomegranate' on the right
The Blushes are equally impressive. As soon as I got them I swatched them on my hand and straight away I couldn't believe how pigmented they were. 
The two shades I picked up were 'Pomegranate' which is a slightly shimmery Plum/Pink and 'Flushed' which is a matte, deep red. As you can see from the picture above.. they do look quite similar in the pan and there isn't much difference between them in real life. They are both equally gorgeous but I think my favourite out of the two would be Pomegranate.
The application of the Blush itself is a dream. It glides on the cheeks so smoothly and the colour pay off is incredible. I would recommend using a light hand when applying though, as the blush is so pigmented that you barely need any product on the brush upon application.
I would definitely recommend these blushes and at €5.49 each they are a steal and very comparable to 'Nars' Blushes if your looking for a cheaper alternative. The downside of Sleek products is that they aren't available here in Ireland, but I'm not complaining since their website is very user friendly and delivery took 7 working days! Get yourselves on to sleekmakeup.com now and I promise you will not be disappointed :)

Have you tried any products by Sleek?

Rachel x


2 comments:

  1. The first lippy is so so gorgeous, I may have to get it, such a perfect purple shade! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the sleek rose gold blush and I love it :) Will being taking a look at pomegranate now! x

    srslylou.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +