Wednesday 24 April 2013

Review | Soap & Glory Sexy Motherpucker XL Extreme Plump


Hi everyone! 
Second post in the same day? Oh I have you all spoilt! I hope everyone is well.. because today I have a review on the Sexy Motherpucker Extreme Plump Lip-plumper from Soap & Glory (it's a tongue twister).
Lip plumpers.. Do they work? And does anyone really use them for achieving fuller lips?
I know there something I've never tried before and was definitely curious to see what all the fuss was about..  
Introducing from the Sexy Motherpucker range.. Soap & Glory XL Extreme Plump Collagen Lip Shine; claiming to immediately plump, buzz, tingle and zing your lips! Sure what more do you want? With ingredients like Lipswell, Superfill and Visivolume claiming to give you the Angelina Jolie sized pout you've always dreamed of. Sadly, I did not turn into Angelina Jolie nor did I gain lips the size of Nicki Minajs rear end. I did however, really like this product.
It's one of those beauty items you always hear about and constantly wonder; Is it just a gimmick? So I picked one of these bad boys up last weekend and couldn't wait to try it.
First things first.. the packaging! I love it! It's so retro and girly. It comes in a thin reflective silver tube with a slanted tip applicator for those precision applications. 
I really do not like the smell of this stuff. I can't work out whether its meant to be chocolate or even cinnamon..but honestly, the smell isn't great. If you however don't mind strong smelling lip products, then the next thing you'll need to get over is the weird tingling feeling this stuff gives to your lips. I honestly don't mind this part about the product.. it's not overly uncomfortable just a bit annoying more than anything else (if your easily irritated like me).



Upon applying the product, (it says on the packaging to only apply a fine film) straight away I could feel the tingling sensation on my lips. I guess this is a sign that the plumping ingredients are starting to work. I didn't notice much difference straight after applying the product.. So I waited for 5 minutes.
On second inspection.. there was definitely some firmness back in my lips, both upper lip and bottom. My lips felt more 'firm' to the touch and my bottom lip certainly looked a lot more 'swollen' than before. The clear gloss in this lip plumper can be deceiving though and make your lips look a lot bigger then they are, so bear that in mind. Heres a before and after picture...


Before
After


 The difference wasn't massive.. and it certainly wasn't overly noticeable. But then again.. I wasn't expecting miracles. It does give a very subtle overall firmness to the lips, which I do really like and despite the fact that this product definitely does not give the appearance of collagen filled lips.. It does however create a nice plump effect, glossy shine and does add to the overall definition of your lips. You can purchase the Soap & Glory Sexy Motherpucker XL Extreme Plumper from Boots for €14.99 or online at soapandglory.com

Have you tried any lip plumpers? Which do you recommend?












No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +