Wednesday 22 May 2013

Nails of the Week | Electrified Summer Ombre


Hello lovelies! 
So I thought I would get a quick Nails of the Week post up tonight seeing as I painted my nails this evening whilst sitting outside enjoying the sunshine! Today's look is a little bit of an ombre effect nail.. using a really gorgeous colour I picked up recently by L.A Colors. The shade I have is 'Electrified' and its a super shimmery pink which has quite a lot of red undertones in it once it catches the light. I love this colour and I even feel like the pictures do not do it justice.




The white shade near the tips of my nails is 'All Nude' by MUA. If I'm honest I'm not too keen on MUA nail polishes. I find them very runny and the brush on them is way too small and fiddly to work with but I suppose for the price they are (€1.52) you can't really complain.
I applied 3 coats of 'All Nude' on my nails as a base coat and waited for them to dry before attempting my ombre effect. I used a small sponge to dab on the colours to create this effect. I applied a good bit of colour to the base of my nails and gradually blended it out coming nearer the tips. Keep a piece of cotton wool soaked in nail varnish remover handy to clean up any messy mistakes around your nail. I finished off by applying my topcoat by Essence.. I will leave a picture at the end of this post showing all products used.

So there you have it quick, simple ombre effect nails. I think they look quite pretty and are really bright for Summer. 



What do you think of my Summer Ombre Nails?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +