Tuesday 7 May 2013

Review | Rimmel London 'Apocalips'


Hey everyone! 
So I'm back after what feels like ages since I last posted.. I hope everyone had a good bank holiday weekend seeing as the weather was so gorgeous! :)
Anyhow, today I am jumping on the band wagon and have a review on the Rimmel London 'Apocalips' lip lacquers. These have been talked about in the beauty community since they came on to the market back in January. The two shades I picked up from the collection were 'Luna' and 'Apocaliptic' both of which are beautiful colours.
These 'lip lacquers' claim to give you all the benefits from a lipstick and also the glossy shine from a lipgloss. They are very lightweight on the lips and deliver an intense colour while also adding shine. There are currently 8 shades to choose from in the collection, which I think is okay since they have all the basic colours including nudes, light pinks, a dark purple and red shades.. They are also very reasonably priced at just €7.95 from Boots stores.

'Apocaliptic' (left) 'Luna' (right) swatched

'Apocaliptic'

I think this is my favourite of the two colours that I bought. The shade 'Apocaliptic' is a vibrant barbie pink.. So pretty and girly. I would wear this with as minimal eye make up as possible though, seeing as the colour is so strong! The colour pay off is great and the formula doesn't dry out your lips or stick to any dry skin patches. Lasting time of these lip lacquers? I would say about 3 hours.. after that you will definitely need a top up. I did find however, when the product wore off I still had a lovely colour on my lips.. almost like a stain.
'Luna'

The second shade 'Luna' is a peachy-nude. I love nude colours against my skin tone usually, but I didn't think this one suited me very well. Don't get me wrong.. It's still a beautiful colour but maybe people with a slightly darker skin tone than myself could pull this off. I felt the tone in this was slightly too orange on me, which I was a little disappointed over since this was the shade I was most excited to try.









Application itself of the product is quick and easy, as the super smooth formula helps the product to glide on. The little doe-foot applicator is angled and also has a tiny 'reservoir' inside to help avoid applying too much product which can all become very messy.. They're not sticky either which is one of the main reasons why I can't stand lipgloss.
All in all, I was very impressed by Rimmel's efforts! There definitely isn't anything else like these on the market with such a low price tag.. I seriously want to try every shade now.

Have you tried Rimmel London 'Apocalips'? What's your favourite shade?




   








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +