Thursday 27 June 2013

MAC Lipstick Haul




Hello Lovelies!
So I have a nice little MAC lipstick haul for you today. My brother recently went on a weeks holiday to Vegas and so with him, I sent a little list of MAC products I wanted him to get for me while he was out there. Since the lipsticks are significantly cheaper in the US than here in Ireland, I took advantage and got 3! The shades I wanted to get are quite popular in the blogosphere. I have 2 lipsticks with a Satin finish and one in Frost. 



Myth
The first lipstick is 'Myth'. I love wearing a nude lip but I have never really felt like I'd found the perfect shade! I heard about this particular one through the blogosphere and decided I had to try it out. This has a Satin finish which means its semi-matte and quite moisturising. I would describe this colour as a light neutral nude with peachy tones. A lot of people say Myth is too light and almost on the 'concealer lips' side of pale. However, I find this shade to be just right against my skintone and doesn't wash me out or make me look corpse like. Myth is also quite long-wearing and does go on opaque which means you won't have to re-apply every hour or two. 


Angel
The second shade I picked up is called 'Angel'. This particular colour is quite popular and is one of MAC's best selling lippie's! I also read somewhere that Angel is apparently Kim Kardashians favourite shade and she wears it in quite a lot of her pictures. The finish of this lipstick is a Frost, which means it is quite sheer in coverage but build-able, it also contains some very slight shimmers. I would describe the colour of Angel as a blue toned soft pink. It is however, a very versatile colour and can be worn on a lot of different skintones. This lipstick would be great for an everyday look.


Rebel

So this is a lipstick I have been lusting after for quite some time now. This is 'Rebel' by MAC. I think this is my favourite shade out of the 3. I'm a sucker for berry toned pink and plums and this shade does not disappoint!  Rebel is another Satin finish lipstick. I think a Satin finish is fast becoming my favourite type in a MAC lipstick! Rebel is described as a mid-tone cream plum with some red undertones. Coverage is almost opaque with one application but again, can be buildable. I would imagine this would look nice on most skintones as it is another one of MAC's iconic shades. I do find it very flattering though once on the lips and would really recommend it if your looking for a berry-plum shade.

So what did you think of my new lipsticks. Which shade was your favourite? 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +