Monday 3 June 2013

May Favourites


Hello lovelies! 
So I haven't really posted in a while.. Due to the fact I'm off on holidays this coming weekend and have been busy running around picking up last minute bits and what not. Fear not though, today I have my May favourites post for you all. I can't believe its now the start of June.. Is it just me or has those 6 months flew in?
Today I will be reviewing 5 of my most loved and used products in the month of May.



First up, we have the Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser. I have been using this stuff for about 2 months now and it is lasting me ages. It has really helped with the dry skin on my face lately due to the seriously changeable weather we've been having. It's quite light hence the name, and isn't sticky or oily on your face. I find a lot of moisturisers leave me with an oily t-zone, but this one from Simple doesn't at all. It's a really effective but inexpensive moisturiser and would recommend it to anyone.



So I raved about these Blushes by Sleek a while back. You can read a review on them HERE. But lately I have been using the shade 'Pomegranate' a lot. I really love this colour for the summer months. It's really bright and girly and the perfect shade of pink if your not into the 'barbie' look. These blushes by Sleek are seriously pigmented.. So not much product is needed when applying. They last ages on the skin and give you a healthy glow to your face. I can't recommend Sleek blushes enough they really are great.



Who doesn't love Cocoa Brown tan? I haven't worn any other fake tanner since I discovered the '1 Hour Tan' created by the lovely Marissa Carter. This tan has taken the Irish tan market by storm over the last few months and is fast becoming a favourite in many beauty bloggers tanning routine. I love this stuff! The colour is a gorgeous cocoa brown shade and not orange like many other tanners. It doesn't leave your skin feeling dry and it gradually fades away after 5 days instead of coming off in patches. I have done a review on this which you can find HERE.



Suprize, suprize! Rimmel Apocalips in a monthly favourites post.. I had to include these new lip lacquers in my May favourites as I have been constantly wearing this shade 'Apocaliptic' since I bought it about a month back. Its a gorgeous, vibrant fuschia pink, perfect to wear all summer long. I don't find these lippies drying or heavy on the lips, however if I have one complaint it would be their tenancy to smudge very easily. I have also done a review on this product from Rimmel if you would like to read that HERE.



Another favourite of mine last month was of course the famous 'They're Real!' mascara by Benefit. My May favourites wouldn't be complete without mentioning this mascara and also my make-up bag wouldn't be complete without it! I love this mascara.. It's super pigmented, long lasting, doesn't go flakey or dry and it really does give my stubby little lashes some volume and a lot of length. I have raved about this Mascara for ages now and really recommend if you haven't tried it to give this a go!


So there you have it ladies. Another favourites post! If you've tried any of these products or love them as much as I do then please leave me a comment and let me know! I hope your all having a wonderful bank holiday weekend. Much love..










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +