Thursday 20 June 2013

Review | Bourjois 1 Seconde Gel Nail Polish




Hello everyone! I'm back at long last.. 
So excited to get back into blogging again. Had a great holiday, the break was much needed! I didn't pick up much make-up while I was away but before I went I did purchase a few bits. 
I wanted to share this Gel nail polish I discovered with you all. Its by the brand Bourjois, a brand I had never tried Nail Polish from before. I was on the hunt for some good quality gel nail polishes other than the Barry M Gellys. As much as I love the Gellys and the range of colours.. the lasting power isn't great and so that was my reason for wanting to find an alternative. 

Behold the 1 Seconde Gel Textured Polish from Bourjois. This stuff is amazing! As soon as I bought it I was dying to try it out. I love the packaging these nail polishes come in. The bottle is very different to any other brand and therefore stands out from my other Nail varnishes, making it easy to find. 
The 1 Seconde polishes claim to have a Gel silicone texture which makes application super easy and quick, giving you that gel salon finish. The silicone enriched formula helps to curve the nail polish, making it less messy and a lot easier to get that neat and tidy application. The fan effect brush is perfect, as you can coat your whole nail quickly and easily in just one stroke. The drying time of these polishes claims to be 50 seconds. However, I disagree and would wait at least 2-3 minutes before applying your second coat.  They also claim to only need 1 coat but I wasn't happy with the colour pay off after just 1 and so I went ahead and done my usual 3 coats. 

I love the glossy finish of these nail polishes and I could really see how the silicone formula made a difference in comparision to a standard polish.
The thing that impressed me the most about this product was the lasting power. I managed to wear this polish for 5 days straight without a single chip appearing. After that the tips of my nails faded a slight bit and some tiny chips did appear. However, it was nothing major and with a quick little touch up I managed to get a further 3 days out of the Nail polish. I did take the Polish off after this point but could of kept it on longer and it would of looked fine.


My favourite colour out of the two I have would be '09 Lavende Esquisse'. This a beautiful lilac shade, almost the colour of lavender as the name would suggest. This is the perfect shade for Summer in my opinion and would compliment anyone's skintone.


The second shade I picked up from the collection was number '05 Coral Magique'. This is a gorgeous coral shade with hints of gold glitter. Although the shade looks quite sparkly in the bottle, once dry on the nails the gold glitter is almost unnoticeable, which in my opinion is a shame but however, the coral colour is still really pretty.

These 1 Seconde Gel Nail Polish retail in Boots stores at €7.95 which is pretty reasonable for a good gel polish. There are currently 14 shades in the collection which isn't that many but the colours they do have are really wearable and I will definitely be picking up a few more from the range. 

Have you tried the 1 Seconde Gel Nail polish by Bourjois? What did you think?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +