Tuesday 30 April 2013

April Favourites


Hi everyone! 
So today is the last day of April.. So it made some sense to write up a favourites post about my most loved beauty items from the past month. I have 6 products on here that I am currently loving.


St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Sensitive skin
It's only recently I've really got into skincare products. I never really had any sort of skin care routine as such.. I washed my face in the morning and put on some moisturiser is about as good as it got. However, the past year or so I have been really trying to look after my skin and get it as healthy looking as possible. I've been loving the St. Ives Apricot Scrub to exfoliate my face in the mornings (I use this every second day..not every day as it can dry out your skin). I squeeze a generous amount into my hand and gently massage it on to a damp face, wash it off with warm water and your good to go! This leaves skin so soft and really clean from dirt, oil and dead skin.

John Frieda Sheer Blond Colour Renew Shampoo & Conditioner
This is a colour correcting shampoo and conditioner by John Frieda. It's purple tones help to correct the brassiness and orange undertones in blonde hair which has been previously bleached or dyed. I don't have blonde hair but I recently got some caramel coloured highlights through my hair and I found after a week or two they were starting to look a little orange. I decided to pick up these tone correcting shampoo & conditioner from Boots for a little less than €7 each. They're perfect for gently removing any unwanted brassiness in your colour and are less damaging on the hair than a toner.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
I already done a review about this brilliant foundation, so naturally it will come at no surprise that it's part of my monthly favourites. I really love this foundation and everything about it! It has great coverage, lasts all day long, is transfer resistant and even has an SPF. What more could you want in a foundation? Even the glass bottle looks so pretty on my dressing table. I got this at the start of the month and have been constantly wearing it ever since.. It's my new favourite foundation! You can get this in Boots for €35.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara
It's not very often I get excited about mascaras. They generally don't seem to overally impress me. I have naturally quite short lashes, so any mascara that makes them appear longer and fuller than they are is definitely welcome! This mascara does exactly that. The only other mascaras that seem to do anything for me is Benefits 'They're Real' and Lancomes 'Hypnose' so naturally I was delighted when I picked this up from Rimmel for €6.99 only to find it does an amazing job. I have been wearing this non stop since I got it a few weeks ago.. I find if I curl my lashes before using it, it just adds that extra bit of curl and really opens up my eyes. Everyone needs to have this mascara in their make-up bag!

Nivea Lip Butter 'Raspberry Rose'
This is a product I have also done a review on. By far the best lip conditioning treatment I've ever used. Since I started using this a month or two ago, I haven't had any problems with cracked or chapped lips. It's barely got a dent in it considering I have it a good while and I use it everyday (I can see it lasting me ages). I think the smell of this lip butter is why it's one of my favourites.. It just smells so delicious.


What's your favourites for the month of April?














No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +