Monday 13 May 2013

Haul | MUA, Benefit and Barry M


Hello my lovelies! 
Yes it's been a while since I posted mainly due to the fact that I am now on a serious spending ban because of my holidays which are fast approaching.. (anyone else find it sooo hard to save?) Having said that, there always seems to be little bits and bobs I will pick up anyway. Superdrug are currently having a 3 for 2 across all cosmetics so I just had to pop in and see was there any little gems I could pick up on my travels.



I'm not too familiar with the brand MUA as it is quite hard to come across here in Ireland, but I have heard so many beauty bloggers from the UK rave about some of their products so when I found a MUA stand in Superdrug I was immediately drawn in. 
I picked up 2 of their Nail polishes which I had heard so much about.. and with a price tag of €1.52 per polish it was hard to say no. I got the colours 'All Nude' which is a lovely, almost off-white shade and 'Bright Pink' which as the name states is a gorgeous vibrant pink! The packaging looks quite similar to Essie I thought, only a lot smaller in size. The brush tip applicator on these polishes are quite fiddly and small but I guess you can't really complain much since these are so cheap.
I also picked up one of their baked eye shadow trio's in shade 'Legendary' which I haven't tried yet but will definitely be doing a review on this when I do.
The last thing from MUA I picked up was a Lip trio in 'Scarlet'.. I seen a review of this on MUA's Blog and really liked the look of the lippies on.. perfect for Summer as the colours are all girly pink shades. Again, I haven't tried the lip trio out yet but when I do a full review will be posted.



A beauty haul wouldn't be complete without some Nail Paint from Barry M. They are fast becoming my favourite Nail brand as the range of colours and finishes in their collection is so vast and beautiful you can't help but pick up one or two! I bought shade 'Blue Moon' which is a pastel blue/aqua shade with hints of deep blue iridescent sparkle which is not really noticeable once on the nails. I also got 'Magenta Glitter' which is a violet purple glitter, perfect as a topcoat over a different colour or layered on it's own for a bit of sparkle. Barry M nail paints in Superdrug are a lot cheaper than buying them in Boots at just €3.69 each and the quality is just great. 



This was my bargain purchase of the day. I picked up this months edition of Elle Magazine, having heard they were giving readers a mini sized version of Benefit's 'They're Real!' mascara which is my all time favourite! I had only just run out of mine and decided I couldn't really afford to pick up another full size of this mascara this month with my hefty spending ban in place.. So at €5.65 for the Magazine and the mini version of my favourite mascara ever, this was a no-brainer really.




Have you tried any of the products I picked up? Whats your favourite?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +