Wednesday 15 May 2013

My Current Make up Bag Essentials


Hey everyone! Hope you are all good :) 
I have a post today on my current make-up bag essentials.. meaning here is a little look at what I mainly use on my face from day to day. It does change quite a bit and there are a few more products I would use aswel but these are the main staples in my Make up Bag at the moment. Let me start off with the Bag itself..


So it's nothing at all fancy or expensive (I am currently on the look-out for a new one) This bag I bought just before Christmas I think, in Penneys/Primark. It was around €4 so it was pretty cheap but I needed a new one at the time and saw this. It's black with fake leather effect material and has 2 zips for the 2 different compartments. I like to store face products one side and all my other bits and bobs in the second side. It does the job and for the price it was I can't complain. 

Face Products


Primer
I do use a primer but only when I'm getting ready for a night out.. I can't be bothered with it for day to day use so instead I use a Mattifying Gel from Nip + Fab. It helps to stop shine building on my t-zone, as it can get quite oily during the day and it also helps to minimize the look of large pores around my nose. It's also a great base for under your make-up as it is a Gel formula. I have done a full review on this which you can find here.

Foundation
I use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in shade 3n1 Ivory Beige. This colour is a little dark for my natural skintone, however I do wear fake tan a lot of the time and so it does blend in quite well. I can't recommend this foundation enough.. It lasts all day (I even slept with it on one night and woke up with a full face of make-up) It doesn't require much powdering as it has a matte finish and it helps my make-up stay flawless all day. I also have done a full review on this foundation which you can read here.

Concealer
I also use a concealer by Estee Lauder which is the Double Wear stay in place Concealer. I love this product, the formula is super creamy and feels so luxurious, I can't rave about this concealer enough.. It covers all my imperfections and blemishes and also works really well under the eyes as it doesn't cake. I have mentioned this concealer as one of my top 3 favourites and you can find a review on this here.

Powder
Of corse no make-up bag is complete without this famous powder by the one and only Rimmel. This is the Stay Matte pressed powder in shade 'Transparent 001'. I love this powder, it keeps me shine free on my t-zone for a good few hours without a touch up and feels lightweight on my skin. It doesn't cake or leave you with that heavily 'made-up' look. I have tried other various pressed powders from both high end brands to drugstore and without a doubt this is by far my favourite.

Brushes 
I use a lot of the Real Technique brushes as I just think they are brilliant and so affordable for those of you starting out in the world of make-up.. I can't recommend these brushes enough. For my foundation I use the buffing brush which gives me a flawless, even coverage without streaks or patchy application. I also use the big fluffy powder brush by real techniques for my pressed powder applications. 

Cheek Products


Bronzer
So on a night out I would use quite a few different products on my cheeks (highlighter, blush, bronzer etc..) but for day to day use I mainly use 2 products. First is my bronzer which I use for contouring. I have become obsessed with contouring as it adds a lot of dimension to my round shaped face. The bronzer I love and don't think I will ever change is the MAC Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze. As the name suggests it is a matte shade which is perfect if you wan't to contour your face. I would also apply this with my contour brush by Real Techniques.

Blush
Ah cream blush.. My new love this Summer! I use a cream formula blush by Topshop in shade 'Head over Heels'. It's a gorgeous coral colour and instantly brightens up your face. I love this colour for the Summer months. I have this blush absolutely ages now and there is barely a dint in it so it really is lasting me a long time. I just dab a few dots of this on my cheeks with my finger and blend out.. It's perfect if you don't have time in the mornings to be messing about with brushes. 

Eye Products


Eyeshadow
So I own a lot of eyeshadows and various palettes and I mix and match them on a daily basis, so I thought I would show you a product I do use quite a lot underneath my eyeshadow instead.. I use Maybelline Color Tattoo cream formula eyeshadow in shade 'Permanent Taupe' and I think it works really well as a base for me because I would normally just do a neutral eye look. 

Eyeliner
At the moment I am loving Maybelline's 24hr Gel eyeliner in Black.. I have this little pot since before Christmas and it is still barley used and going strong! I always used a liquid eyeliner to do my cat eye look but since I purchased this I have been converted to Gel formulas. This stays on my eye lid all day and doesn't fade or crease and it is also waterproof.. I can't recommend this eyeliner enough!

Mascara
I am currently loving Benefits 'They're Real!' Mascara on my little lashes. This is by far the best mascara I have ever used as it really makes my little tiny stubby lashes look something decent.. It also really opens up the eyes. It lasts all day and doesn't flake off or leave your eyelashes feeling dry and itchy like some Mascara. I don't think my mascara will ever change now since I found this bad boy! 

Lip Products



 Lips
I keep my lips pretty plain and simple during the day, but on days where I feel I need an injection of life in my face I use this Kate Moss for Rimmel lippie in shade '12'. Words can't describe how much I love this lipstick. The shade I wear is a beautiful coral red. The finish is matte and these lipsticks are so creamy and I don't find them drying. The lasting power unfortunately isn't great and I find myself topping up a little more than I'd like.

Nail Products



 Nails
My nails change a lot. Lets just get that out there.. I love nothing better than sitting down relaxing with a cup of tea and some nail polish and painting my nails! However, this shade by Barry M's new Gelly collection in 'Blueberry' is simply gorgeous. I have been wearing this a lot lately and find myself going back to it quite a bit. Barry M are fast becoming my favourite nail polish brand and rightly so as they are just great!

So that's it you guys.. that is what you will most likely find in my Make-up bag on a daily basis. It can change from time to time and I add in various products that I am trying out or really love but these are the Basics.. I hope you enjoyed! 

What's your current make-up bag essentials? 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +